And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Friday, January 04, 2013

One Thing I've Noticed....

...is that the longer a person goes without posting on their blog, the harder it is to get back into the swing of things.

I've written this post about a million times, and I haven't been satisfied with any of the drafts. Like I said, it's harder to get back into it after a stretch of time off.

Things have been going well here at the Barefoot Cottage. We survived the "end of the world" on 12-21-12, though Little Sprout was very disappointed that there were no zombies at all that day. Seriously. She cried. The holidays flew by, and we still aren't done celebrating. We have 2 more celebrations to get through before our "holiday season" is truly over.

I have started planning this year's garden already, even though it seems silly with a couple feet of snow sitting on top of my garden beds. I took last year completely off gardening, and I missed it more than I can say. I really needed the break, and I don't regret it, but there is something so wonderful about fresh veggies you grow yourself. Besides, my grocery budget groaned under the weight of store bought fresh veggies. Yikes!

The new year has started, and soon my Sprouts will be heading back to school. I have noticed that not much has changed from one year to another around here, but my attitude certainly has. I'm happier, more hopeful. I'm excited for the new year and what it will bring.

~...and that's all I have to say about that....~

4 comments:

jenny said...

You're one up on me with the garden planning. I'm hoping to do better this year than last year, but we'll see.

I think it's a myth that we're all supposed to expect big changes when the New Year comes. If one can be content with life, then that's a good thing, right? What do I know?

Happy New Year, dear!

webb said...

Plan a garden? Heresy! It's one of those great ideas i never get around to doing. Kudos!

Fr. Peter Doodes said...

And a very healthy and happy 2013 to all at Barefoot Farm from over here.

barefoot gardener said...

jenny - You know a lot, obviously!

Webb - I'm great at planning, not so great at following the plan ;-)

Fr. Peter - Thanks for the good wishes. All the best to you in this new year as well!